Friday, November 20, 2015

I want to record everything I do all day. It sounds crazy as hell, but I don't think it is.

I call this kind of thing a super-niche.

The thing is, you end up with a huge endless string of things you recorded. That sounds totally unmanageable, but if you think about it it's a super simple architecture.

I think we underestimate our ability to scan through long lists of stuff. In fact, if it's all divided into categories, it's very likely to become a mess, but if it's a long string of things, it may be long, but it won't be a mess.

Software can and probably will mess it up. For example, Blogger will divide the long string into many pages, and that sucks. It will divide hundreds of items into groups by month, and that sucks.

But, Blogger let's me post something on the fly, and it does land in a string of posts, and that ROCKS.

I think I'll change the settings to display a max number of posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment